When I write, I prefer silence. I stuff my ears, close the door, and try to let my thoughts direct the process. That's the way I work--in silence, but the process is not always easy to live with for my companions. I get grumpy when interrupted. I grow distant during the process of crafting longer works. I become unavailable for typical tasks.

However, as of late, my writing process has become somewhat complicated. With a young daughter, I find that I have to incorporate breaks into the process, that I have to be more willing to drop a thought to answer a cry.

I will not stop writing--like many I feel compelled to write, but I wonder how my work will change with a new process?

Comments

RL said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
walkerhlynn said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts