I've been reading plays this month. It's not that I don't usually; it's just that lately I'm trying to strengthen my drama core. During May, I've read the following: Moliere's The Misanthrope, Calderon's Life is a Dream, Cornielle's El Cid, Sheridan's The School for Scandal, Goldoni's The Servant of Two Masters, Buchner's Woyzeck, Artaud's Spurt of Blood, Brecht's Mother Courage and Her Children, Ionesco's The Bald Soprano, Albee's The Zoo Story, Fo's The Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Fornes' Fefu and Her Friends, Satre's No Exit, Strindberg's Miss Julie, and Guare's The House of Blue Leaves. In the next few days, I'm hoping to get to Stoppard's Arcadia and a few others.

Of the above, Calderon's and Buchner's works stand out. In fact, Buchner's Woyzeck was one of the best literary works that I've read in a long while.

Comments

Popular Posts