i like the pieces that jukka is doing now on his blog, but mostly for reasons of my own. the pieces in which text collects together at one point remind me of ungaretti's idea of a language abyss from which we pull poetry. in jukka's case, it's as if language itself has collapsed back into the language state for that is the state in which our language systems are functional. which system we are looking at, besides one based on roman letters, is insignificant since without words in syntax, the language system shifts from actual to potential, as if in pulling syntax and even words apart we can pull back from language systems into something more elemental.

as i said, this interpretative leap is more my own, but often what intrigues me about poetry is not what specifically is being said but where it leads me.

Comments

Popular Posts