First Reads

I've been waiting for some poet to write a long email about how I've misread their poem, but that hasn't happened yet with First Reads, the YouTube series where I take a first look at a poem that I don't know by a poet I am unfamilar with. I can only assume that I haven't heard anything because people realize that first readings can sometimes go astray. I know that I'm not right on all the time because I also know that my readings of poems change the more I become familar with the poet. In fact, the more distance I have from graduate school, the more I find myself reading writers through the aesthetics they claim, and often I learn that aesthetics through reading a good deal of their work.

If you have a published poem you want me to take a look at and we don't know each other well, send the poem along.

Comments

Popular Posts