As oddly shaped, taped, hand-cut packages, chapbooks from the Dusie Kollectiv have started to fill my mail box. Bills, junk, and poetry--that's all I get in the mail now. If you don't know the Kollectiv, you should. It's my third time as part of it, and I've decided to write a little about some of the chapbooks that show up. If you are not part of the Kollectiv, you can either wait until the .pdfs are online at Dusie or beg the poet for a spare copy.

I like the idea of producing many chapbooks quickly in the Kollectiv, but more important for me, the project stresses the individual, non-marketable product in our capitalist societies. You cannot purchase the chapbooks. They are hand-crafted. They have no specific value in the system, but they are among the most valuable things to me when they arrive.

Comments

Popular Posts