The Daily Glance

Feliano Soriano's Appositional Comprehensions contains poems that respond to songs. The poems include references to the music and listening to it, but at times they seem to be using the music just as a point of contemplation.**

amid
perfect pause of a life’s burgeoning cycle, series
rebirth calamity unfolded
chaos

I like how the poems shift with each song so that they are part of a series but they also seem like individual poems. Soriano also does a good job of playing with sound in his pieces by shifting the spacing on the page and using internal rhyme.

this
place of placement’s elegant construction
is
near the resting body of her spontaneous
rest, the love of her need
houses all walls needed to retrace
physical commendation.


**I found the poems fascinating, but they look like something I would try, so I wonder if I'm objective enough to read these well.

Comments

Popular Posts