The Daily Glance

Richard Fox's Swagger & Remorse is a book filled with daily happenings--travel, work, relationships, gardening, and Fox is full of insight from examining and documenting what is in front of him.
There was only time for work & eat & pray & sleep.

Work goes through skin & bone on its way to more work
Or
I never founbd my
Shangri-La--
I walked past it
sometimes,
my mind
as heavy as fruit;
my love for you,
simple as a berry.
This sense of work being consuming or walking past one's Shangri-La are familiar feelings to many of us. Much of the book works like this, making us focus on what we can gain from looking at that closest to us rather than searching the wilds or longing to travel to see something new. Beyond that, numerous lines stand out in Fox's work as though they could be poems on their own.

Comments

Popular Posts