The Daily Glance

Mackenzie Carignan and Felicia Ohnmacht's & persona contains poems by Carignan overlaying photos by Ohnmacht. It was produced as part of the Dusie Kollectiv in 2007. I like the Dusie chapbooks because of the quality of the work and also because of the handcrafted nature of them. This one is a nicely put together book. While I appreciated the many brilliant aspects of online publishing, chapbooks like this one make me remember how much I like the printed object. As for the poems, they are prose poems placed in boxes over the pictures. The photos and poems seem to relate to each other but not always in a clear way. The pictures are mostly of nature, and the poems are mostly about relationships. I have favorites of both, like the picture of moss and the poem "& rope," but all of them are interesting. In addition, I like that they they included artists statements, not bios--something I'm starting to think should be put in most poetry books.

Comments

Popular Posts